Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 text messages

(Topic created on: 21-10-2022 01:29 AM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have recently purchased a Samsung galaxy S10 but prior to that I had a galaxy A13 and on the A13 the text messaging app stopped text messages from delivering to the phone if you had blocked someone. On my galaxy S10 I can not seem to find anything that if I blocked a number it would stop any text messages being delivered to my phone. Does anyone know if the S10 has this feature like the A13 had., it was good on the A13 to not receive a text message to the phone and nothing going into  spam .
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If your using Google messages for sms, open app, menu top, right side, details and block and report spam option there

Don't know where on Samsung Message apps as I don't use it
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Am not sure which text messaging I am using, I have looked all over galaxy store and Googled looking for Google messaging app, I havnt found any app that states whether it is Samsung messages or Google messages even though I have searched on the playstore and specifically written Samsung messages and Google messages. I have taken some screen shots to show you
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In playstore, type messages in search Screenshot_20221021_020118_1000001370_1666314078.jpg
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In galaxy store, type Samsung Messages in search

Screenshot_20221021_020330_1000001375_1666314210.jpg
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have searched in the galaxy store and Google chrome but anything that comes up doesn't say Samsung messages or Google messages even though I search the name 20221021_014541_73_1666313486.jpg20221021_014557_74_1666313571.jpg
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I use Samsung messaging for my default setting not the Google one, if you block a person's phone number then you shouldn't still receive they text messages from them as well as the phone calls unless they try to use a different phone number like a lot of scammers do.
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have blocked them but they go into a spam box which I have to empty, when i got my galaxy s10 I was looking at the settings for texting and it said if you block a number texts will not be delivered to your phone and not put in spam, I tried it out and it worked, I had someone to ring me but I blocked them first and when they text me it didn't deliver anywhere on my phone and my friend didn’t get a delivery report. I have since looked at other text messaging apps and when I came back to this one to be my default messaging app but now any messages that come from a blocked number go into my spam , I can't find how to stop text messages being delivered to my phone
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's wierd, they should be able to be found in playstore or galaxy store
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Within Samsung Messages go to Menu (3 dots) and Settings where you will find the following Menu.

Screenshot_20221021_154435_Messages.jpg

Go to Block Numbers and Spam- Called ID and Spam Protection , you will then have the following options.

Screenshot_20221021_154502_Call settings.jpg

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.