Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S10 Model SM-G973F (bought in Australia) does not appear to be dual SIM - please help confirm

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 04:02 PM)
Members_q4BMZT6
Student
Options

Hello, 

I bought my unlocked Samsung S10 outright in Australia from JBHiFi in 2019. Im now living in another country and need a local number as well as my Australian number. I am reading all S10's are dual SIM capable (except in US) but mine doesnt appear to be.

- The SIM tray states: "SIM" & "microSD". A second SIM card does not fit in the microSD slot (see image below)
- SIM Card Manager is missing from options in the phone
- The phone is not locked to any contract
- There is only one IMEI number on the back and in the phone

Can someone please help me confirm whether my phone is only single SIM?

Is there a way i can make it dual SIM? I was not informed of this info when i purchased it and am now very frustrated. I refuse to buy a second phone.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Soapy
Journeyman
Options
If it only has one imei number it is a single sim
Solution
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Usually if the phone was duel SIM in the about phone section it would have DS after the model name and have 2 IMEI numbers
Members_q4BMZT6
Student
Options

Thank you! I dont like this answer as it means I'll have to now go buy a new phone but I'll have to accept it :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Members_q4BMZT6. I just wanted to acknowledge that I have slightly edited your post to remove the reference to your serial number and the picture showing the SIM card details. This is just because these details are unique to you and we recommend not sharing any potentially sensitive data on the public Community.

0 Likes
LiliLee
First Poster
Options
S10: My phone glass protector is coming off. Can I just replace it in any phone shop, or the glass protector needs to be suitable for Samsung phone only.
0 Likes