Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pass re-anable on app?

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 06:17 PM)
Zephre123
Apprentice
Options
Hi this may sound stupid but I accidently turned off the Samsung pass fingerprint prompt one time due to mis-clicking it... now I'm not tech illiterate but I cannot foe the life of me seem to re-enable it on a specific app. 

I am using s10 up to date android.

I've been to settings/Samsung pass and the password is still stored for it.. it just doesn't prompt me when I click the username field anymore... I've googled and Google and can only find general "how to turn on Samsung pass" threads. I've looked into permissions etc and nothing seems to get it to prompt for my fingerprint to auto-fill the fields (and yes I've tried hold clicking the field and tapped autofill but it says cannot autofill.. which is weird as this was always working fine until I turned it off by mistake)

Am I missing something I credibly simple or has there just been an overlook in development to this happening? 

Thanks in advance for any help.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
KholaI
Options

Hey @Zephre123 

Could you try clearing all credentials to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Biometrics and security > Other security settings > Clear credentials. Once you've done this, set up Samsung Pass again.

Zephre123
Apprentice
Options
Hi! I just tried that and no luck I'm afraid. It still works on my other apps - it's just the one I told to stop prompting me.. now it seems there is no simple on/off button (there really should be an on button for such a widely used and helpful function.. instead there's just off and it stays off)
0 Likes
Solution
KholaI
Options

Let's try clearing the app cache and data to see if this helps. Head into Settings > Apps > Search for Samsung Pass > Storage > Clear cache, then Clear data. Once you've done this, restart your phone.

Zephre123
Apprentice
Options
That did work! A little sad that I had to clear all the passes to get 1 back but at least it worked, thank you!
KholaI
Options

I'm glad to hear it's back to normality! 

0 Likes