Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 26-10-2022 10:45 AM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I purchased a refurbished Samsung galaxy s10 a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that when I receive a text message my screen doesn't light up.  I have been using a galaxy A13 and had the same problem with that but managed to get the screen to light up when a text message delivered to my phone but don't seem to able to work out where the settings are on galaxy s10 so the screen will light up when receiving a text message
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Try edge lighting
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I use holey light from the play store. It gives me visible notifications on my s10. Providing the AOD is active
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bev54: Further to the suggestion by @Daz73r, please head to Settings > Notifications > Brief (tap to enable) > Brief pop-up settings > Edge lighting style > Choose your Effect, Colour and Advanced options (Transparency and Duration), then tap Done at the bottom of the screen. 

Alternatively, you may wish to head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings > Flash notification > Screen flash notification > Choose the colour on the right-hand side > Select apps > Messages, and this will flash the screen when you receive a text message. 

Solution
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
See the picture attached from using Holy Light on my s10. All notifications have different colours. So at a glance I know which account is been used. 20221025_193047_1000000031_1666722647.jpg