Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 11:57 PM)
Bev54
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I purchased a refurbished Samsung galaxy s10 a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that when I receive a text message my screen doesn't light up.  I have been using a galaxy A13 and had the same problem with that but managed to get the screen to light up when a text message delivered to my phone but don't seem to able to work out where the settings are on galaxy s10 so the screen will light up when receiving a text message
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Bev54: Further to the suggestion by @Daz73r, please head to Settings > Notifications > Brief (tap to enable) > Brief pop-up settings > Edge lighting style > Choose your Effect, Colour and Advanced options (Transparency and Duration), then tap Done at the bottom of the screen. 

Alternatively, you may wish to head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings > Flash notification > Screen flash notification > Choose the colour on the right-hand side > Select apps > Messages, and this will flash the screen when you receive a text message. 

View solution in context

Solution
pete007
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
See the picture attached from using Holy Light on my s10. All notifications have different colours. So at a glance I know which account is been used. 20221025_193047_1000000031_1666722647.jpg

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Try edge lighting
pete007
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I use holey light from the play store. It gives me visible notifications on my s10. Providing the AOD is active
Solution
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Bev54: Further to the suggestion by @Daz73r, please head to Settings > Notifications > Brief (tap to enable) > Brief pop-up settings > Edge lighting style > Choose your Effect, Colour and Advanced options (Transparency and Duration), then tap Done at the bottom of the screen. 

Alternatively, you may wish to head to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings > Flash notification > Screen flash notification > Choose the colour on the right-hand side > Select apps > Messages, and this will flash the screen when you receive a text message. 

Solution
pete007
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
See the picture attached from using Holy Light on my s10. All notifications have different colours. So at a glance I know which account is been used. 20221025_193047_1000000031_1666722647.jpg