Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy S10 text messaging app

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 11:06 AM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have recently purchased a refurbished suite galaxy S10 and i managed to move the apps i was using on my other galaxy phone but the text messaging app doesn't seem to be the same one as on my previous galaxy phone.  Can anyone help me by recommending which text messaging app is for the galaxy S10. Please?
13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
The standard/stock text messaging app from Samsung can be found in the Galaxy Store. Search for Samsung Messages - see screenshot.
It should already be installed. Don't know what you mean by refurbished "suite" galaxy S10?Screenshot_20221015_055739_Galaxy Store.jpg
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Bigtasty65
Thank you for your help, sorry about the typo, meant to say I recently purchased a refurbished Samsung galaxy s10
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
If this is the one that is already installed, then it is the latest version of it. There could be a Google version of the messages app installed too, and it's easy to get confused between the two.
I either uninstalled or disabled the Google version on my phone as the Samsung messaging app is much better and reliable.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Ha, no worries. I suffer with typos myself on occasions ☺️
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I followed your advice and this came up, I assume that this version is not safe?Screenshot_20221015-061826_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I sent a screenshot of what it said in the galaxy store when I found a messaging app, I chose not to install it, I didn't press anything but the app has installed anyway, don't think it is safe to use?
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I would go with the warning if I were you and make sure it is uninstalled/deleted off your phone.
The screenshot I showed you clearly has a different icon than this one. Plus mine also shows from Samsung Electronics Co. underneath the title.
Solution
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
This is the one that I disabled on my phone.Screenshot_20221015_062931_Settings_1000000471_1665811771.jpg
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Look for Google messages or messages by Samsung they are safe options. I prefer the Google messages myself but it's down to preference.

Don't use other apps just to be safe as bigtasty65 said