Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 rings randomly for no reason.

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 06:51 AM)
Charb1
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Galaxy S10 which I have had for approx 2.5 years and had no issues with has now started randomly ringing for no reason.

There is no one calling me and no other notifications from any apps.

It will ring for approx 5-10 seconds at full volume and there is nothing I can do to turn it off. It does this even when the phone is only vibrate or silent.

I have checked the NFC, malware, apps, updates, sage mode, etc, everything that the only forums tell you to check and it is still happening.

It is driving me mad. It happens at the most inconvenient of times; in work, in a quiet gym, at 5am in the morning; disturbing the whole household.

Is there a fix for this please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Try resetting the phone. That's very strange indeed
0 Likes
Charb1
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for this suggestion. I have tried this. I have uninstall apps, checked the permissions of apps.etc and still it happens. I have had to resort to switching my phone off at night but this means I cannot use the alarms.

This really is driving me mad. I need a solution please.

When it is ringing I can't even turn the ring off like you can a normal notification. It happens in silent mode too and when ringing I can't even turn the volume down as it is always on the loudest volume. Please help.

0 Likes
Charb1
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know how I go about contacting Samsung to try to get a solution please?

0 Likes
thwong
First Poster
Options

I'm was previously using a Samsung S10+ and also had the same issues, it randomly plays "Over the Horizon" and can only the stop by either you put it to silent mode or shut down the phone.

I eventually sold the phone and bought a S20+ and uploaded all my backup from my old phone back to the S20+ and the problem came back.

thwong_0-1654739718375.png

I took the phone back to Samsung and they did a reset and reinstall back the new software which they claim is different from what I ve updated over the air. Anyway I started installing some apps one day at a time to monitor for any problems. So far there is none detected. So its either its a software bug or some problem with the APPs ive downloaded. Either way I would recommend to get your phone to Samsung and do a refresh software update and start by installing your apps 1 or 2 days at a time. This is a sick process but then we would have a peace of mind later.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
Is it when you plug your headphones in?
0 Likes
thwong
First Poster
Options

No headset is plugged in.  It will just ring on its own.

0 Likes