Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, Android 12 Update

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 08:47 AM)
DeeinSA
Apprentice
Options

I seem to be having a screen problem so far only reported by Google Pixel users. After the OTA update (UK Phone), the top 10% of the screen is non-responsive. I cleared cache. I even downloaded new firmware for my SM-G975F from Sammobile and the problem persists. I also notice the battery seems to drain faster.
Luckily it is not my first rodeo, and I can easily go back to Android 11, but the problem is most irritating, especially as the problem was first reported by Pixel users on Android 12 in October 2021!

9 REPLIES 9
Members_PQtBNC4
Student
Options

Umfortunatly the same over here S10E the top of the unlocked screen is not responding. Not able to close browser 😞

0 Likes
Solution
DeeinSA
Apprentice
Options

I finally wiped cache and did a factory reset. I added apps back one by one, checking phone after each one. The culprit was Energy Bar by IJP. Now my phone works as it should. 

Unfortunately some app developers don't have all the devices needed to check if their app will work with the latest update, or just don't bother. 

Members_PQtBNC4
Student
Options

You are a genius, thanks. A had a similar app on the phone which I just deleted and it fixed the issue. Thanks for the help, you saved me a lot of time. BTW I contacted Samsung support and they were not aware of that issue. Thanks again!

Kelderiv
First Poster
Options

Omg I could kiss you! I was having the same issue on my s10+ and was resigned to spending the next month trying not to throw my phone at the wall until the s22 releases. Energy Bar was my culprit as well. 

0 Likes
Sandaruwan
First Poster
Options

I have the battery draining issued after the last update done few days back.  Your answer is not a practical solution as we use many apps and go for factory reset.  Samsung should come with a fix to battery drain issue with their software update.  I had all apps working fine but till the last Samsung update.  The culprit is Samsung update itself. 

DeeinSA
Apprentice
Options

You can use the app like Mybackup Pro to save all your apps to your computer. Then you can wipe cache and do a factory data reset. Then put apps back and see how you go. 

If still problems with battery drain:

Then go to Sammobile and download the official firmware again. Flash onto phone via Odin.

I know, its a lot of time and energy, but you have to weigh your irritation at having a now sub-par phone vs. Time spent fixing the problem. 

0 Likes
ayazm339
First Poster
Options

Upgrade S10 Plus to android 12  battery icon is not visible. 

0 Likes
KSexton
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much. I have been struggling with this for weeks. 

0 Likes
alexsh1
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I had the same problem on my S10. Removed all notifications (whatsapp, messenger)  - worked for me. No freeze so far. Hope next update will fix it  

0 Likes