MY GALAXY S10 5G IS BECOMING VERY SLOW
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE LATEST
UPDATE IS DUE.#2809#

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
A software update won't solve it. You'd be better off enabling Developer Options in your phone settings. Which would then allow you to speed up animations ect.
Alternatively a factory reset could speed the system up by deleting a load of junk. Either way if you're not sure what to do. You're better of watching tutorials on YouTube.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
More than the update, it must be uncleaned, cache , if you check your storage, I am sure you will see many gigabytes of unused dead files have occupied your space, I think android is notorious for cache

I am very new to Android, so have only little technical knowledge to explain how to.. However you can learn it on Google or YouTube

If you already done above, sure then it may be update
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sals2809: As a starting point for your issue, please head to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. This will stop all current background activity, and should hopefully improve your existing performance issues. I also recommend restarting your phone every 24-48 hours to refresh the software, as this can also help to maintain the performance of the device. 

0 Likes
sals2809
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks much appreciated.
sals2809
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your advice.
0 Likes
sals2809
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks will try this.
0 Likes
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Removing your animations might help. Also, try disabling or put them in deep sleep apps that you are not really using them.
0 Likes