Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G One UI 4 update.

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 04:49 PM)
ajuji10
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys, 

I just purchased a used Galaxy S10 5G already on android 11 (One UI 3.1), phone's version is SM-G977B. However, when I go to software update on WiFi and tap on "Download and install" nothing happens. Also, no info on previous software versions is seen below. 

I would like to know if anyone on this version has received the One UI 4 firmware update, or if there's something I'm doing wrong.( I also hope the seller didn't temper with the firmware). 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

NB- Sorry I'm not very  familiar with the Android OS as I'm a long time iPhone user. ☹️

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Click on the playstore app
Click on your profile picture
Then click on settings
Then click on about
It should say at the bottom
Device is certified

If you go settings on phone
Scroll down to about phone
Software information
It will give more information
0 Likes
sally54
Student
Options
Hi
I got Samsung Galaxy A52s 5g
Software information (One UI 3.1) Android version 11 is coming on my phone updated available version (one UI 4) (android 12) I try to install reach 25% stops a message said: Failed to update firmware visit Samsung service center. Why I get this message.
Thanks for your help
0 Likes
ajuji10
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just did as you said. Unfortunately, it says device not certified (under play protect certification). What does this mean? Does that mean it was tampered with and I won't get any more updates? Thanks. 

0 Likes
afgzee
Explorer
Options
Still waiting for the one ui 4 update on my s10 5g
0 Likes
Sljamsung
Student
Options

Do not update to Android 12, everything is slower, animations are dropping frames, etc. Learn on mistakes of others! Even Google Voice is missing OK/Cancel buttons so language can not be changed!

0 Likes
Andrew Edwards
First Poster
Options

Hey, I'm having the same issue with the same model SM-G977B, have you gotten it to work for you? It also says that my device is not play protect certified, I tried the whole register your device with the device ID and still nothing on the certification end.

0 Likes
Andrew Edwards
First Poster
Options

I fixed my issue. Turns out my model was SM-G977N (Korea), you can find this when you go into download mode. So I flashed the Android 12 firmware using ODIN. You can get the firmware using Frija. You would have to enter whatever model number your phone really is and the CSC which you can find in the phones software settings under "Service provider software version" should be the last set of 3 letters in that sequence. Mine was EVR/EVR/SKC. So I entered SKC in Frija. This probably sounds all over the place but I hope this helps.

0 Likes