Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, fix this ***** Gear VR ****** Now.

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 09:58 PM)
Options

it's no wonder you are losing market share so quickly. You can't even fix a simple app uninstall. Your app store looks like canal Street un NYC. Loaded with scammers and blshit reviews. Wanna buy a Rolex? I'm out. IPHONE I'm coming home. **** samsung. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Colourful rant but without any symptoms of what your problem is, it's a bit meaningless to the rest of us.
First of all what's the problem?
Second what have you tried to do to resolve it?
All I can say for now is I know Gear VR doesn't have the software support now. But this was well advertised a while ago.
If you provide further details then maybe someone can help
Options

Are you the only person on the planet that isn't getting the notification to uninstall it, only to discover that it uninstalls a bunch of other apps, and wrecks their login credentials? Oh... and it also comes back when the phone is restarted. It this rant a little better? 

0 Likes
Options

Also, I couldn't care.less about Gear vr. I've never used it. I didn't install it.  But now because it was installed by Samsung, I'm dealng with the consequences. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried to clear the Partition Cache on the phone.
I don't get this notification as I don't use things like Smart Swich to transfer my data to a new phone.
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/wipe-partition-cache-in-s10-after-android-11-update/td...

Hopefully doing this will stop the issue you are having. Also should sort out any glitches in the software as well
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

further to @Glenntech 's post Members who have Android 11/12 on a S Device will certainly  need to connect to a computer or attach USB-C Headphones to enter Recovery Mode and clear the cache partition.

I still have an old S10 and have never had this issue mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes