Original topic:

Samsung E-Mail App not Syncing

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 11:37 AM)
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi,

This happens with the Samsung E-Mail app.

I've been checking and the app is not suspended nor is it using battery optimized, however I noticed the following detail, if I close the app with swipe up close all apps the next time I open the app it automatically syncs (only if open the app), if you don't swipe up and leave it open, it doesn't sync anything.

Not to mention that I have new folders and are not syncing, nor do they appear in the options to sync folders.

Since the last update, there are things that are malfunctioning.

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @cgentil ,

I hope that you are well. Can you try removing your account from Samsung Mail and re-adding it? You can do this from Settings> Accounts and back up> Account> Select the account> Delete. Once done, follow the same route to re-add it. If you are unsure about your email settings please contact your email provider to get then.

View solution in context

0 Likes
cgentil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Solved.

0 Likes
Chrystina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

For this to work, I have to remove and re-add the account EVERY TIME i want it to sync. It will not sync after I re-add it.

AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

To troubleshoot the issue please open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up box > Select your email account > Sync Account > On > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select 'Sync' from the Quick Settings menu. While you are in the Email Settings menu please check your Sync Schedule and Sync Period, set it to sync more frequently (if applicable) and make sure you have Limit Retrieval Size set to 'No Limit'.

Chrystina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

all these things are set as you described. Still doesn't sync 

0 Likes
bepposun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same here, sync does not work, after reconfigure it syncs one time and after that the situation is the same as before. I noticed sync problems also with other apps (caldav, carddav), so I suppose a more general issue and not jut a email app problem. Another installed email app (K-9) does work without any issues. For me it started with October 1st. The last successful sync was running September 30th. All the settings are set as described (general sync, no explicite power management etc.) I als did a app reset which also does not solve the problem.

0 Likes
bepposun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Additional comment: Other devices running older Android versions are syncing without issues, could be related to the recent Android update.

Ryfy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same Problem here.

Massive Sync Problems on my Galaxy Tab A 10.5 2018:

• Contacts
  • Samsung Internet

...   do not use Samsungs Email

Older Devices sync the account.

Sign out / sign in does not help.

Re installing Samsung  Internet does not help.

Log out / Log in thd Tab from another device  does not help.

Sync seems corrupted for the Tablet...

Any help ??????

FelimDoyle
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9.0 but not on my Galaxy S7 and S7 edge duos running Android 8.0 and syncing with the exact same e-mail accounts.

0 Likes