Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Android 10 problems

(Topic created on: 14-12-2019 03:01 PM)
Mohammed_44
Navigator
Options

I've installed the android 10 update on my S10  and I'm disappointed with the update.I've noticed that the battery drains more quickly than android 9.I was expecting Samsung to fix the battery drain issue and also make the battery life better than before.Isn't Samsung aware of this issue?When will they fix this issue?Even after 7th beta, there are still issues to the stable build of android 10.

Why are these issues common with Samsung devices?People are complaining and yet Samsung hasn't solved these issue nor they are admitting these issues.Why can't Samsung have a look of these issue themselves and fix the problems we have to deal with?

These are these issue we have with Samsung devices:

1:Battery life 

2:Battery drain issue

3:Camera

3:Slow software updates 

4:Lack of software support

The updates are really slow when you compare it to Google or Apple.If Apple or Google releases a update,the users gets the update straight away but with Samsung it takes a week or worse case scenario you end up getting the update after 1 month!This is ridiculous even after paying so much money for these devices.Why does Samsung charge so much money if they can't even give much attention like Apple or Google? Why can't Samsung just finally end this and provide much more faster software updates than before and fix these issues we have?Alot of Samsung users are fed up with this including me and now users are losing hope in Samsung because they don't even address these issues we have and even till this day,Samsung hasn't fixed these issue even after downloading the stable version of android 10.I was expecting the battery life to be better and especially for them to fix the battery drain issue.Such a disgrace company.

61 REPLIES 61
Voodooman
Pioneer
Options
Android 10 is a major update. Factory reset is absolutely recommended as far as I'm concerned.
In general I am pleasantly surprised by the update. It's rock stable, very fast and smooth and battery life is the same, to say the least. There are a few problems here and there, but I'm sure they will be fixed soon. Admittedly Samsung did a great job this time with the update, they were fast and to the point.
0 Likes
Hannibalcat
Journeyman
Options

Samsung have improved considerably in their update speed, but my factory reset improvements only lasted a day or so, I now have lag and some apps have stopped working properly or altogether. The Play Store and Google Photos once again don't work.

0 Likes
cara1
Pathfinder
Options

Try disabling system apps.  You can do this via rooting your phone or, an app manager or, using ADB commands.  Also block ads through either Blokada (I haven't figured out how to work this yet but some people have reported being able to block in-app ads) or change your DNS to adguard.  Ads can have quite an effect on battery and data.  For me, the MAJOR difference in battery has resulted from having done these sort of things (I have disabled about 54 apps that I just do not need).  Also disabling location (thank you Android 10 for giving me warnings when you detect apps circumventing my settings!!!) and putting in something like Tasker to auto-turn location on when launching and in specific apps can help.

0 Likes
Mohammed_44
Navigator
Options

Hi,the problem is that not ever user will perform a factory reset.I hope Samsung will find a solution to fix this problem with a software update.

0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Hello, factory reset and clearing cache are two completely different things.
Factory reset is complete reset. Cache delete is removing "cache files" that every program stores so it can use them to perform faster and pre load content.
(Akin to deleting your browser history rather than uninstalling Google Chrome)
0 Likes
Rolly101
Explorer
Options

Having android 10 installed, I must say, I have never ever had so buggy phone since early days of android. Total mess. Always on display shows half cutted numbers, smart lock doesn't work, eMails not comming and so on.  I never want to do hard reset, because it takes too much time to restore apps and settings. Never had to do resets with previous android versions. If reset won't solve the problems, I'm dumping this maker for good.

0 Likes
NiqEri
Student
Options
I have the same experience as you plus bluetooth connections that do not transmit sound properly. the cellphone connects to speakers but plays the sound in the cellphone and that the volume buttons control the call sound even though the choice is changed to the buttons to control sound from the media.
0 Likes
Chimeran
First Poster
Options

Just updated to android 10 on Friday, December 20th, 2019 and ran into an issue with only one particular app, darkness rises. With android 9 I had no issue using mobile data to play the game but after the update I couldn't.  I used every option to fix it including the nuclear option of a factory reset and it still didn't fix it. Waiting for my insurance to send me a replacement S10+ running android 9. Don't feel like waiting for Google or Samsung to address the issue and release a patch 250 billion years after the universe ends.

0 Likes
Abelbambam
First Poster
Options

After update I had to change. Y power preferences to reduce performance so battery could last longer. 

But, I'm unable to share anything among apps. If I'm in the gallery and I try to share a picture to whatever other app, the app closes itself and that's it. 

This is happening since December 16. 

Cache suggestion didn't work for me. 

0 Likes
Dave41
First Poster
Options

What an almighty cockup this update is. My contactless has stopped working as has the bluetooth connection to my Fitbit.

Get it fixed.

0 Likes