Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s10e won't connect to 4G network

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 08:38 PM)
Rich19061
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Looking for suggestions - my s10e shows LTE network while not being used, but when making a call it switches to 3G. Settings appear to be correct and I've swapped out SIM cards with my wife's phone and it works in hers so I don't think it carrier related. Also, no setting for VoLTE or Wifi calling. Anyone have a similar issue?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Rich19061 ,

LTE, sometimes is known as 4G LTE,  being a type of 4G technology.  Is the coverage bar on your S10e full when the LTE or 3G signs appears? If yours wife's phone displaying 4G on the same area with your SIM?

In regard to the Wi-Fi calling, this is a setting offered by the network provider so you will need to check with yours to see if they do offer it and to enable it.  Once done, you will be able to enable this on your phone by following these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077652/

Rich19061
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response, Tess. Yes, full bars (maybe minus 1 at times) and yes, same area when testing with my wife's iPhone (showing 4G) so I don't think its a coverage issue.

And I understand what you are saying about WiFi calling...though not a big deal, but does show up on the wife's phone.

0 Likes