I recently purchased an S10e. This is the first time I've owned an android or Samsung phone. I was drawn to the phone due to its expandable memory and thumb print sensor as I don't really like the face recognition of the iphone 11. (although this phone has this feature too). I use the phone for work and need to open it flat on a desk.
Apart from the usual drama of changing from an iphone to a Samsung, there are a few things I'm totally confused about.
1. When I open an app to look at the messages , even when I haven't read them, the unread badge from the homescreen disappears. So when I finish work I've no idea what unread messages I have.
This is the most basic of features and my Google searches bring up either apps that claim to do it but don't or it's just how the operating system works.
2. The raise/ lift to wake doesn't work properly. What is the angle set to?
3. The Bixby button is a joke underneath the volume controls. I know you can set it to different things but if I try to double click the volume while the phone is in my pocket it will open something by accident.
4. The thumb/ fingerprint scanner is too high. When I use it I'm constantly clicking the volume buttons too.
5. The headphones are a joke. (The sales person actually made a point of how good the headphones were,( but I couldn't try them out in store) ...They are now in the bin.
6. Answering calls. After 3 missed calls I realised you don't press the answer call button to actually answer the call , you swipe it. Can I change this?
7. The samsung memory card I have installed randomly stops working and needs to be " sorted out" ie synced/ formatted whatever.
Can anyone help an any of these subjects before I video myself setting fire to this phone and dancing on its ashes?
(Shame I can't video it on this phone, the camera's awesome)