Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e showing lte instead of 4g on unlocked SM-G970U

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 09:58 AM)
Gabriele9
First Poster
Options

HI, 

I bought an S10e unlocked, with code SM-G970U.
I think it's the US version but I live in Europe.

The signal shows LTE instead of 4G, while all my other old samsung would show 4G with the same sim and same spot.

Is LTE slower than 4G, what is the difference? Is it a bad idea to have an american phone in EU?

Thank you very much,

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,

LTE, sometimes known as 4G LTE, is a type of 4G technology.

Short for "Long Term Evolution",

it's slower than "true" 4G, but faster than 3G,

And depends on your phone and network carrier

Having American phone
Shouldn't make much difference in Europe as most new phone's should work
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
LTE and 4G are pretty much the same thing, LTE is just what US devices show the reason why it could be slow is that it might not support all 4G bands so it's using a slightly slower band
Gabriele9
First Poster
Options

But is it just what US device show or it is actually a slower band?

Cause if it's slightly lower, I'll just return the phone for an EU one that wouldd show 4G. (I have a J6 that shows 4G with same sim in the same spot)

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Gabriele9: If the S10e was intended for use in the US then please be aware that the warranty will not be valid in your current region, and you may experience compatibility issues with some apps and features. If you do decide to return the phone, I'd advise purchasing a model form a reputable retailer in your country to avoid any of the potential pitfalls above.

ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Looking at the specs between both the Global and US device they both support EE's 4G bands (1,3,7 and 20) so there shouldn't been any difference in speed