Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

(Topic created on: 27/07/19 14:15)
chris646
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi,

I have been using my S10e for 2 weeks and I couldn't be more happy with it. Before this I had a S6 (and before that a S4 and before that a S2) and again, the upgrade brings even more than I expected!

However, I notice that the screen seems to scratch shockingly easily. Within a few days already, a number of long, superficial scratches were visible, but now even a short, deeper scratch has appeared. This one especially is very visible and irritating. I have no idea how this is possible, because I treat my S10 very carefully, exactly the same way as my S6 before. I have had the S6 for 4 years, without it ever showing a single visible scratch (only a few very superficial ones over years of usage).

Hence, I was always impressed by the quality of the Samsung Galaxy screens, which makes it very surprising that the S10(e) seems so different in this regard. Is it just bad luck or are there more people with this experience?

Unfortunately, there no standard protector came with the S10e (as it does with the S10 and S10Plus) and - to my surprise - the scratches were already visible before I had the chance to attach a separate screen protector myself.

69 REPLIES 69
Marionf
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

You mention that the s10 comes with a screen protector as standard out of the box.  So can that screen protector be removed and replaced?  I also have scratches on the screen surface of my s10e after only a week of owning the phone. 

0 Likes
Geno2
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I didn't know the S10E came with a protector already on it.  My S9+ never scratched in the years I had it so I was blown away to see three significant scratches after ONE week. But it's not the screen that's scratched but the cheap plastic protector. SWEET!!! I'm getting a real protector today. Thanks for the information!!!!!

0 Likes
Ce41
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My S10 screen is very Scratched and marked 

I onky received  it at the end of April and within  a week scratches  appeared. 

My previous  S8 which I had for 2 years hasn't a mark on it.

Like  you I have mine in a case.

SkyLegend
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

People for real the S10 and S10+ have some issues with their Gorilla Glass protection, I don't know if the S10e have it since is build differently or the Note 10 and 10+ have it as well since they were released afterwards.

But I can confirm I have seen many S10 and 10+ with a lot of scratches, and the worst part is that you cannot put a Crystal Cover on it since most of the time it messes up with the stupid fingerprint on screen who no longer works properly if you put a cover on the screen.

Really disappointed with S10 built quality, now I came back to a Note9 and guess what!? NO SCRATCHES whatsoever, you can really tell the screen is made from good quality in all the Series 9 of Galaxy phones.

J46
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I recently purchased an S10 as well and was also frustrated that the screen seemed softer than the other galaxys I have owned in the past. However, after reading this thread I realized there was a nother screen protector pre and stalled on my device. Once I removed that my screen was perfectly clear, not one scratch. What a relief!

0 Likes
deliafrrll
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

When I got my S10e, the first thing the guy at the phone store did was peel the screen protector off... not sure why 😒

Two weeks later I foolishly threw my keys in the same bag as my phone. Just a short walk to my car and the oleophobic screen is super scuffed up. After reading some comments here, I bought a Whitestone Dome screen protector to try to cover the damage. Man that thing is like magic!! I can just barely see the scuffs if I really look for them. It looks a little intimidating, but the directions were easy to follow and this is hands down the most perfectly placed screen protector I've ever applied myself. Will definitely buy again. 

0 Likes
Algi
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
have samsung S10 for over 4 months now, its screen has many micro scratches, can not even imagine how will it look after year ir longer, will not be able to sell it as second hand for normal price, what a shame on samsung fitting such bad screens, seems like its made of plastic, like perspex screen, even though i kept the phone in wallet case all the time
0 Likes
Algi
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
also, how daft you have to be not to realise that there is a screen protector on the phone? i have removed my protector after couple weeks but "managed" to notice it probably same minute after i unwrapped the phone
0 Likes
CaperGirl
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks from Canada!I even called the phone store to complain about the scratches 2 days after I bought the S10 (this is my 5th Samsung phone and I love them). They didn't mention that the screen protector was removable. I just removed the cheap protector and I will pick up a thicker version. So good to know! 

0 Likes
Villan56
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks for this. My daughter has an S10 and I have an S10+. Both of them have scratches until I found this thread today. Neither of us realised there was a protector and I am planning on upgrading and wondering how the hell I could sell my phone on to somebody else. We do now 🙂 I wonder how many people have undersold their phone becuase of the scratches?. Now I know that my phone is in excellent condition and it's just coming up to a year old, what would it be worth on the market do you think?

0 Likes