Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10e Screen Mirroring and Dex Issues

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 07:23 PM)
steinerdf
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have had a Galaxy S10e since release and it has nothing short of my favorite phone.  About a year ago I purchased a Type C to HDMI cord to take advantage of Direct Screen Mirroring and Dex.  It did work.

Recently I wanted to use the feature again, but for some reason when I plugged the cord into a TV and my phone, nothing would happen.  I tried this with a full battery phone and on a couple different TVs.  All I got was "no signal".

I thought maybe the cord was no good, so I bought a new one and tested it yesterday.  Same results.

I really don't know what to do now.  Any feedback?  Maybe a setting is set wrong, etc??

Help me out.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @steinerdf 

This feature is no longer supported on our phones we're afraid. Have you tried Samsung Smart View?

0 Likes
al3xxx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Why does the faq still say it's possible then? it gives clear instructions how to do this. I thought I was upgrading from a p20 pro to an s20 ultra, but now it seems I've lost this critical function!
I've been trying to work out for the last week what is wrong with my cable (that works fine with my p20 pro).
So you're saying all I get now is screen mirroring? Why would you downgrade the functionality of this phone? I can no longer use my phone as a desktop! stupid stupid stupid!

update, Add power (usb-c) to your adapter and dex will work via hdmi
0 Likes