Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10E Microphone Distortion

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 05:55 PM)
Amer04
First Poster
Options

Hey Folks,

I've had this phone for about 6 months or so and have taken good measures to avoid physical damage to it. However in most video calls I have via zoom or whatsapp, the the uses on the other end would mention that the sound becomes distorted/underwater/far away at a random point during the call. I had an LG phone before that I used with the same internet connection and it didn't have this issue. I took it to my provider and they sent it repair, but the issue is recurring. Has anyone had a problem like this and solved it? Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Amer04: Are you using the loudspeaker when you're on a video call, or are you using a headset? Is the issue isolated to Zoom and Whatsapp, or have you noticed any problems with the sound while making/receiving calls? Can you head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Can you hear yourself talk? Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone. Can you hear the playback?

0 Likes
Amer04
First Poster
Options

Hey AndrewL, thanks for the response, yup I'm using a loudspeaker.  The issue is isolated to those apps, or any calls I make over the internet. It's hard to see if it happens in a normal call, since they're much shorter usually. I dialed that code, first option was RCV_DualMic, I could hear myself. Second option was the same as you mentioned, I could hear the playback as well. I should also mention that I tried factory resetting it before as well, and that didn't do the trick. 

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
not sure if imo video calls the same but I face no issue.
0 Likes