Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e latest August update freezes black screen

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 05:26 AM)
xMiko14
First Poster
Options

I updated my android 12 One UI 4.1 last May 2022, there were some issues like not being able to click on apps but overall manageable. One time last month my phone turned black as if my screen just failed but it went back after 5 min.

My phone did undergo a an update 3 days ago (August 11, 2022)
Version: G970FXXUFHVG4/G970FOXMFHVG4/G970FXXUFHVG4

Then after 3 days, my phone suddenly freezes into a black screen. It's responsive and I was able to turn it back on after force restarting it a hundred times for about 3 hours. 

What sustainable action should I do so that I can use my phone longer and avoid this issue again in the future?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Try clearing the Cache partition and see if that resolves anything. It is advisable to clear it after a device has updated.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@xMiko14: Please try restarting your Galaxy S10e in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the issue, and if you notice an improvement then please restart the phone as you would normally and uninstall any apps you have added since the issue began. Sadly it won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore please approach this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes