Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

s10e holding volume button no longer increases volume continuously when screen is off

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 01:07 AM)
Bushido15
First Poster
Options

Suddenly my phone has been presenting an issue with the volume buttons when the screen is off. I used to be able to increase the volume continuously by press and holding the either button. But now i can only do so by pressing the button repeatedly.

So if the volume is very loud and i need to lower it i can only do so by pressing the button a bunch of times, for example. This issue only occurs when the screen is off and locked though, if the phone is unlocked i can hold the button and the volume changes until i release it.

18 REPLIES 18
DandaPanda
Student
Options

Same problem, except the issue persists even after unlocking the phone. The only times holding the volume buttons work to continuously change the volume is when I have the Spotify app in forefront. Also, the problem only exists when I plug in my wired earphones.

gaxit
Student
Options

same problem happen in my Galaxy A50s also. but it started to happen before One UI 2.5 update i think it will be solved after the One UI 2.5 update. but its looks like it doesn't solved yet. I reset my phone 2 times but it is still same . this thing only happens when i plugged my earphones . But it doesn't appear in Ultra Power Saving mode.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Exact same issue. I wonder if Samsung are aware of this and will fix it

Joh2
Journeyman
Options

same... but its like that everywhere on galaxy s10 plus hope it changes back quickly  no other solutions yet?

0 Likes
Solution
IcyPrince
First Poster
Options

Hey, I had the same issue but found a solution after doing some digging. Apparently it has something to do with Google Assistant. Go to Google Assistant Setting and find Devices. If Wired Headphones are Enabled as a device that can launch Google Assistant, turn off that setting and you should be able to hold the volume button to lower or raise the volume again. At least, that's what worked for me. Hope that helps.

JoeyAT83
First Poster
Options

Genius dude thanks a lot!

DandaPanda
Student
Options

IcyPrince, thank you so much!!! This is the solution that fixed the problem. I sent feedback to Google to fix their new Assistant "feature".

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

FINALY!  Thank you my friend! :smiling-face:

DoctorVanBosh
First Poster
Options

You legend. That worked for me. Was so annoying!