Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e G970U in UK and won't OTA update please help.

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 04:29 PM)
Colvanp
Student
Options
S10e G970U in UK and won't OTA update please help. I have also tried a network reset and still nothing. Id rather not have to factory reset it and risk it still not working. Any help appreciated.Thanks.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
dopey66
Pioneer
Options
Is mobile data switched on
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Colvanp 

Apologies if I'm wrong but isn't that the US variant of that phone  ?

Have you imported the phone into the UK  ?

Sometimes it can take a little longer for an imported phone to be sent software updates.

I'm aware of this as I imported my Samsung Note 20 5G from Hong Kong as I wanted the Snapdragon Soc.

My updates can come a little later than others.

You could try Smartswitch if you wish.

Personally I wait until the update is in my software update section in my phone's settings.

What's your current software update and Samsung Ui ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Colvanp: Further to the advice offered by @BandOfBrothers please follow the link below, select 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and download the relevant version. Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your Galaxy S10e to your computer using a USB cable, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

0 Likes
Colvanp
Student
Options
Yes and tried when off to.
0 Likes
Colvanp
Student
Options
Thanks yes it is a US version. I got bumped on ebay. I have tried smart switch and no update comes up.
0 Likes
Colvanp
Student
Options
Thanks. I have tried this and nothing comes up about the update where it should. Just shows phone info. No update.
0 Likes
Colvanp
Student
Options
This is what smart switch says. 20210620_163419_57208.jpg
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So @Colvanp what is the phone currently on now ? 

You'll probably find the update happens in due course.

As I mentioned my updates take a while longer than a phone that's been released in it's own region.

The other option is manually updating via the info on sammobile and xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Colvanp
Student
Options
Its on android 10 and oneUI 2.0 no security updates since march 2020. I have spoken to Samsung about the phone thinking it maybe counterfeit but thay have said it's an original. But just US version.
0 Likes