Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s10E 'failed to play track' after Android 12/One UI 4.0 update

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 07:28 AM)
SirMisho
First Poster
Options

After the Android 12/One UI 4.0 update. Samsung Music App doesn't play 70% of my mp3 files, which it was doing flawlessly before the update.

Screenshot_20220220-182308_Samsung Music.jpg
Interestingly I can play them one at a time when opened from My Files.
Screenshot_20220220-182211_Samsung Music.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@SirMisho: Can you try restarting your Galaxy S10e, then head to Settings > Apps > Samsung Music > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache to see if this helps? Furthermore, head to the Galaxy Store and check for any available updates via the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates. 

0 Likes
Waynet
Navigator
Options
I noticed some of my videos on my sd card become corrupted
0 Likes
SirMisho
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL , thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.  I first cleared the cache after force stopping Samsung Music, but it did help. I also cleared the data and Samsung Music asked me to re-authorise Storage permissions, but that still did not resolve the issue. I checked for updates on both Galaxy Store:
Screenshot_20220221-091423_Galaxy Store.jpg 

and Google Play Store:
Screenshot_20220221-091352_Google Play Store.jpg

and restarted the phone a couple of times. Cheers.

0 Likes
SirMisho
First Poster
Options

Hi @Waynet , thanks for your suggestion. That was my first thought too, so I deleted the mp3 files in question from the SD card and copied them again with a couple of new ones, but that did not help. I also copied some files to the internal phone memory but they were still "Failed to play track". Cheers.

0 Likes