Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e Exynos Camera is horrible after updates!

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 05:50 PM)
costafilh0
Journeyman
Options

Feels like Samsung is forcing us to upgrade to a newer device! If I have to, won't be a Samsung!

Old Pic before updates:

20201230_181806.jpg

New Pic after updates:

20210604_222953.jpg

This is only an example! It's not only in NightMode, wich never activate anymore unless it's VERY dark and results are BAD! But even in good light, the quality has drecreased imensily, and it feels like every update it gets worse!

9 REPLIES 9
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The shot composition is nothing alike. Perhaps if you didn't have huge glaring light sources in the whole of the left and upper left quadrant, unlike in the first shot, you'll get similar photos.
costafilh0
Journeyman
Options

Is this a better example?

Before Updates:

20200307_234859.jpg

What about this one?

Before Updates:

20190810_181525.jpg

After updates:

20210604_174959.jpg

Better now? Both using night mode!

No excuses!

No shot will EVER be the same!

Camera is CLEARLY WORSE in EVERY scenario after system updates!

Not only the image quality... photos also take ages to process in the background!

If that wasn't true, Samsung wouldn't have updated camera software with almost every security update since Android 11!

I've be waiting for updates on the hope it gets better, but it keeps getting worse!

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The night shots both have very different ambient lighting. Again not really the same scene composition if all your looking at is the brightly lit parking lot to the right side. You can also see its a slightly later point in the day with the latter shot as well as a distinct lack of night lamp lighting as evidenced by the clearly superior colour lighting of the vehicles.
0 Likes
richmondulo
Explorer
Options
This is not fair. The photos are not in the same location with the same lighting. Only when you do that can you say it is worse than before the update.
0 Likes
costafilh0
Journeyman
Options

I inspected a bunch of photos today, and yes, photos are worse than before all the updates, but not by much!

What is really worse is the night mode, used to activate all the time, nowadays it never avtivate and photos with low light are 95% bad!

20210529_173930.jpg

20200414_180706.jpg

Is there any fix or a way to get night mode to activate more often? Or maybe even forcing it to activade? Since I choose the mode NightMode it should always activate like it used to do!

0 Likes
costafilh0
Journeyman
Options

No thoughts about that?

0 Likes
Prem95
Apprentice
Options

I understood what you are saying but I also felt that the camera is performing bad after updates, The night version and the time to process the pic everything worsened..May be we can't show the difference as we updated and Can't get the exact scene But I am actually using the mobile since 2 and half years and know the difference.

0 Likes
Prem95
Apprentice
Options

I am still experiencing the camera issues with the updates now.

0 Likes
costafilh0
Journeyman
Options

Me too! Still a lot of issues on the camera even with several software updates. It looks really bad and noisy. It can't handle light sources anymore and you need very dark so night mode can activate. The truth is I almost don't take pictures anymore with my phone because the camera got so bad the images are unusable unless it's amazing daylight with static scenes and on a tripod. So I just don't bother anymore. And most of the time I try, the results are bad and need a lot of work on edting to try to look decent! This is sad! It was a good camera, and it should get better with software updates, not worse. But I guess Samsung wants us to upgrade. Well I defenetly will by the end of 2023, but it won't be another Samsung after this. All I care on a phone is the camera and now I have a brick in my pocket to check the time.

0 Likes