Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e Battery drain since android 12

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 07:10 AM)
Jason13v8
Pioneer
Options
S10e Battery drain since android 12. Is anything being done about this or is it because it's the last update for our phone. Nothing will cause people to upgrade more than them thinking their phone is broken. Nothing has changed about my use other than the last 2 updates. I've cleared storage cache, I've done a complete factory reset. No change. I used to change phone once a night with all the setting like deep sleep apps etc but now I'm charging it 2 or even 3 times a day. All I had to do was open this members app and write this message and thats it. 10% battery gone. So if I write 4 messages in 4 different apps that will use 40% so within 20 mins of simply writing messages that's nearly half my battery gone. If this is common then escalate this so they do something. Thanks 
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jason13v8  With Android 12 generally has been increased battery drain initially but the situation  tends to improve over time with the AI and updates. your situation seems more severe though. Have you wiped the cache partition lately as that is recommended following updates, deletes temporary files but not data.

You should perform the following procedure to see if that makes a difference:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You could also repair apps from the same Recovery Menu or run the Galaxy Apps Booster (available from Good Guardians).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes