Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e. After Jan 22 Android 12 update, Carrier Name and Network Signal Strength Not showing on car when paired via bluetooth.

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 11:52 PM)
GP747
Journeyman
Options

VideoCapture_20220121-220428.jpg

 Pardon the poor quality image.

The update to Android 12, besides bringing the annoying and persistent uninstall gear VR notification, has broken some bluetooth functionality as noticed when paired with my Skoda Yeti 2016 (VW group car with Multi function display in the odometer console).

Audio streaming, Calls and battery level indicators work fine, but now on the car MFD, Carrier Name and Signal Strength are not being displayed.

Carrier Name shows as Unknown and signal bars show empty.

I have tried resetting network settings, re pairing with car, resetting car phone/ radio even though it works fine with other phones. No luck yet. Have not tried resetting all settings yet since that may be cumbersome.

Is anybody else facing the same? Any tips are welcome. Samsung please look into this. Cheers

20 REPLIES 20
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Could be the car BT module needs an upgrade or it's a permissions issue.

0 Likes
GP747
Journeyman
Options

Update. Problem is not specific to S10e.

Noticed same issue after software update on a friend's S20 FE 5G.

Also with the latest bug fix update after the android 12 upgrade, encounterer another issue - now phone stops detecting Wifi 5G Network. 2.4G network still shows, but Wifi 5G stopped showing on this device, worked fine on others.

Rebooting fixed it. Has happened once as yet.

Samsung I'm taking the time to report. Surely others are facing aforementiones bluetooth and Wifi issues. May have to do with latest modem update, not sure I'm no expert. Please look into and fix. Thanks.

0 Likes
GP747
Journeyman
Options

Checked with Skoda. They have no updates. Also problem is not specific to S10e. Also seen on S20 FE 5G after same update (android 12). Prior to update was working fine

0 Likes
Piace
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with Seat Leon 2015 (maybe same vw infotainment system) and same device (s10e).

Anyone found a solution?

Members_Qg6eqIw
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem since A12 update. Factory reset hasn't helped. S10e and Skoda Octavia 2016.

Members_M8Xw9XX
Journeyman
Options

Having same issue on skoda superb 2018

Members_M8Xw9XX
Journeyman
Options

@samsung is there any solution to this issue?

0 Likes
Members_M8Xw9XX
Journeyman
Options

Had chat with Samsung. They aware of the issue:

<span;>Hello Trevor, my name is Agata. I will try to help You.

<span;>‎10:38 AM

<span;>Ok

<span;>‎10:38 AM

<span;>I recently updated my phone to android 12

<span;>Now i can not see signal and name of network on my car radio

<span;>The bluetooth audio works. I can make calls from the car hands free as well

<span;>‎10:39 AM

<span;>The only thing is that no network bars are showing

<span;>Ok the radio in the car

<span;>‎10:40 AM

<span;>‎10:34 AM

<span;>??

<span;>Okay. What brand of car do you own?

<span;>‎10:41 AM

<span;>Skoda superb 2018 version

<span;>Amudsen radio

<span;>‎10:41 AM

<span;>Amundsen

<span;>It was all working before

<span;>‎10:42 AM

<span;>We have recently received information from technicians that this is the case with Skoda. It is a software issue. This will most likely be fixed in the next update.

<span;>‎10:43 AM

<span;>Update from who samsung or skoda

<span;>‎10:43 AM

<span;>As i talked with skoda and they said there is no update that has been done .

<span;>‎10:44 AM

<span;>‎10:35 AM

<span;>From Samsung.

<span;>Ok

<span;>Do we have a ETA if possible ?

<span;>ETA? Please clarify.

<span;>‎10:45 AM

<span;>Date as to when the fix or update will be released

<span;>‎10:45 AM

<span;>When the update will be provided

<span;>‎10:46 AM

Members_M8Xw9XX
Journeyman
Options

Hi all of a sudden it worked in my car. Did not do anything. I will check again tomorrow to make sure i am not seeing double but the carrier id now seems to be displayed on the Mfd

0 Likes