Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ won't find software updates, April 2020 security patch

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 05:24 PM)
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi guys! I'm hoping someone can help me. My S10+ hasn't received any software updates since April 2020, and also not the Android 11 update. Still on Android 10. It always says that my software is up to date.

I have tried updating through Smart Switch, but it also says that the software is up to date. 

Screenshot_20210809-002338_Settings.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

I appreciate your answer. I did some research but seem to get lost between all the versions. Which version should I look for? Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi Aparmar, many thanks. Could you possibly tell me where to find this firmware to download?

0 Likes
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Have done factory reset previously,  to try and remedy this, to no avail. I left it again for a few months because I started thinking there just maybe wasn't an update.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Download a tool called frija, type model number like mine would be SM-G998B and the your country code. Mines BTU and it will automatically find latest updates for you to download, unzip the files and then add them to Odin to flash
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

I have downloaded Friday, however it says that no firmware could be found. Used SPR as csc and my model number.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Is that the model number? Is it a US device?Screenshot_20210817-084132_CheckFirm.jpg
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi Adam, I am confused about the country codes and csc's. Each thing says something else, I just want to make double sure I'm doing this correct. Smartswitch says (XAA), Device info says XAA, but Server provider SW says OYN_XAA QQ, XAA/XAA/SPR. 

I want to ask, is this the correct version to download? 

I also want to ask, if I flash on Odin to keep my files, does that mean it also keeps me logged in onto apps, or does it simply keep data such as pictures/music on the device? 

Screenshot_20210827-051212.jpg

Screenshot_20210827-051219.jpg

  

JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi adamlee, please see my response below. Many thanks!

0 Likes
JoPotato
Explorer
Options

Hi Adamlee, please see my message below. Many thanks!

0 Likes
geekneedshelp
Journeyman
Options

I'm having Same issue..oyn_xxa did you have any luck?

0 Likes