Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 upgrade program - cant login!

(Topic created on: 22-02-2019 07:27 PM)
NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I joined the upgrade program in October 2017 to get an S8. I now want to upgrade to an S10+ but I've never received an email saying I could upgrade and when I type in my Close Brothers loan agreement number and surname on the login page it doesn't work. I've tried calling Samsung but after over an hour on hold on multiple occasions I'm giving up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? The loan agreement number is the one taken from the Close Brothers correspondence when I joined upgrade program and my surname is easy enough to remember, I can't see how it couldn't work...

Also, I've just moved address - do I have to update this as part of the loan agreement? I can't find a contact for this.

Cheers,

Graham

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JB1350
Journeyman
Options

I had exactly the same problem today. I spent the best part of an hour on Samsung live chat. Bottom line is you HAVE to upgrade every 12 months, so you and I are in the same position. According to Samsung you can't upgrade from S8 to S10 without paying off the loan in full. Should have upgraded to S9 and then would have remained in the Upgrade Programme.

0 Likes
NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong but that doesn't sound correct. If it was the case you'd have to join the upgrade program during a certain month to receive any new phones (i.e. if you join in May you miss the new phone cycle every time and have to wait two years).

Samsung want your cash and continued business. Giving people such a small window to upgrade before potentially losing them as a customer just doesn't make sense...

NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

From the upgrade program terms and conditions:

3. Eligibility To Upgrade

To upgrade, you must meet the following requirements at the time of the upgrade:

• At least twelve (12) months must have passed since the date on which Samsung shipped your Initial Device to you. Samsung will determine this by counting three hundred sixty-five (365) days from the date of shipment. 

• Your Financing Account must be open, current, in good standing and have sufficient credit to make the upgrade purchase. Additional requirements may be contained in your Financing Account Agreement.

• You must return your Initial Device to Samsung using the upgrade process in Section 4 below. When returned, your Initial Device must be in good condition and must meet Samsung’s additional requirements for upgrade. Section 7 below describes how Samsung will determine whether your Initial Device is in good condition and states the additional requirements that will apply

Nothing in there about it being exactly 12 months.

JB1350
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. Totally agree, but Samsung tell me they're correct (which been given the run around earlier I don't believe). Don't know who to turn to in an attempt to bottom this out.

0 Likes
NorthendenWalk
Journeyman
Options

In case it's of interest I spoke to someone on the phone and they said what you were told - if you don't upgrade exactly after 12 months you can't at all until you pay off your current phone. This isn't made clear at all on the website or anywhere else Samsung talks about the Upgrade Program. It's not explicity mentioned on the Upgrade Program page, in the FAQs about it and the terms and conditions link (I had the US ones earlier, not UK) doesn't even work and the page cannot be found. 

Cheated.