Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 ultrasonic fingerprint scanner visible in sunlight.

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 02:40 PM)
Bromage92
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey,

Has anyone else noticed that the fingerprint scanner is clearly visibile when outside in sunlight. I mean at first I just glimpsed it with a blue background but if you go onto white ( what I'm typing on now) there's just a rectangle in the lower third of the screen. Check it out and see if it's on other models too. Hoping it's just a one off case and replacement won't be like this .

Model is prism green S10 128GB

Peace out.

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72
Darshan247
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Samsung should sort this out.. I have note 10 plus.. Its not a cheap phone that we can tolerate this sort of issue.. I have same issue, just saw that 2 days ago, I visited the shop from where I bought mine and its still under warranty so they have asked me to send it back to Samsung but I am still thinking as I can't stay without phone and not sure if they can lend me any loan phone to use for couple of week while they test it.. 
Anyone else has sent their phone and get this fixed or its just waste of time???

0 Likes
Daviek28
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
you can't get it fixed as its not a fault , it is just bright light showing the finger scanner than is under the screen.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I don't have this issue on my Sim free S10+. I would disagree with Samsung when they say it's not a defect! If it was normal then surely it would be on all of them?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung phone user.
Current Devices:

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 256Gb > Model: SM-G998B/DS.
Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic > Model: SM-R890NZSAEUA.
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 > Model: SM-R177NZKAEUA.

Samsung One Ui 3.1.1 / Android 11.
0 Likes