Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 touch screen dodgy after update

(Topic created on: 17-02-2022 09:31 PM)
Abbiel26
Journeyman
Options
Updated my s10 to the latest software OneUI4 and since have had issues with the touchscreen not working- however it is temperamental for example I could swipe up and open the task screen etc but I couldn't swipe when on my home screen. 

Has anyone else had issues or is it time for an upgrade device? 
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try a diagnostic test
Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the samsung members page
Touch screen
0 Likes
woolfall
First Poster
Options
Nice meet u
0 Likes
scoobydo2110
Apprentice
Options
I've got problems also,screen won't turn off & battery is only lasting about 7hrs before dieing
Ivantheterrible
First Poster
Options

Just updated mine today, same issue. No matter which way I rotate the device, there seems to be a "strip" at the top of the screen (whichever way is up at that moment) which REFUSES to accept touch in any app.

Have to tap a tiny sliver of the bottom of the address bar in my browser to be able to just type in an address. Phone is suddenly almost unusable, just after the update.

saraLala
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue. I can't even use my Samsung s10 after the update. It freezes and I can't even go left or right on the menu. Before the update, everything worked perfectly. 

nicoeffe
First Poster
Options

I just did the software update and got the same problem... how can samsung release such a shitty update? did someone find a solution that does not imply losing all my data?

saraLala
Explorer
Options

Is anyone from Samsung actually reading this? hello? I can't use my phone and I paid 1000€! You should do something about it. This should not be happening. Never buying Samsung again I swear.

0 Likes
aoer
First Poster
Options

I believe this is a software issue.

Touchscreen works fine as all areas are able to respond to touchscreen tests. It's just in apps that there's no response when touching the top part when inside apps.

Samsung has to fix this! It's such an inconvenience!

Should just patch back to before this update took place! 

0 Likes
Dannyboy94
First Poster
Options
Have exactly same issue, screen locks but can use top and bottom of screen, can load up the pull down menu then whole screen works, close pull down menu back to no touch response