Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 top sliver of screen not functional

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 08:02 PM)
BoyarD
First Poster
Options

After the update the top portion of my screen hasn't been responsive no matter the app.

Using safe mode works but outside of it does not. Is there a solution that doesn't require a factory reset?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Is your phone in a case with a magnet to either keep it closed or wake the phone? If so that can cause a seemingly dead to input portion of the screen. If using safe mode works, try clearing the phone's cache partition rather than a factory reset to begin with
0 Likes
BoyarD
First Poster
Options

Case has no magnet and I reset the cache partition, problem persists

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Then try disabling any third party apps one by one to see if the portion of screen affected starts working again. If that doesn't work and you cannot find the culprit a factory reset may be your only option. I'd backup all your personal files including photos and videos shot with the phone first before doing anything else.
0 Likes
ShoaibS15
Student
Options

@antikythera wrote:
Then try disabling any third party apps one by one to see if the portion of screen affected starts working again. If that doesn't work and you cannot find the culprit a factory reset may be your only option. I'd backup all your personal files including photos and videos shot with the phone first before doing anything else.

This sounds like a common problem, so it is something related to the update. I am not factory resetting my phone for a stupid problem from Samsung -- how can they force my phone to become nonfunctional and expect me to fix it only by trashing my phone content? 

0 Likes