Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ Smartview not finding Xbox One.

(Topic created on: 14/03/19 18:51)
WVUDAN304
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I upgraded from an S8 last Friday and love my new 10 plus. However, I have an issue with smart view. My S8 found my xbox one fine and had no problems streaming videos from my gallery or even from other apps mirroring my screen.

The S10+ has been able to only find my xbox one on my network one time and streamed a home recorded video. After I switched to another video the xbox one will not show back up in my devices when searching with Smart View. Anyone else having problems or know what I am doing wrong? I am a mobile consultant for Best Buy. So if I am having this problem I feel sorry for a regular consumer out here.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
WVUDAN304
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I continued to work on the issue. I discovered that the S10 plus had chosen VLC media player as my default for some reason. After restoring the Samsung media player to the default I was able to choose it and pick the smart view from the drop down list the xbox one connected and worked. However, it does not show up in the smart view in the main settings menu when chosen.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@WVUDAN304: If SmartView isn't showing your Xbox One then you might wish to try Settings > Connections > Phone Visibility > On > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > On. I also recommend checking your Xbox One settings to see if there is anything restricting the connection from that end.

WVUDAN304
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have it discoverable and my xbox connects fine to it now with the default Samsung media player. It just won't connect to it in the Smart View window which is a minor issue but I just dont understand that completely.  But I am able to view show box and my movies on my xbox which is the main things I watch. So the main problem is resolved.

0 Likes
Booniebum
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am having a similar issue with my Smart View not recognizing my XBox One and connecting. I have followed the advice in this thread and looked for answers online without success. I can cast YouTube fine using the app, but that's it. Ultimately I want to be able to mirror my yoga app on the TV for everyone to see during practice. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes
Vmh
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

A) Make sure you're on the same wireless network (especially if your router supports 5g and regular band)

B) Install the "wireless display" app on Xbox.  Then open it and smart view can find it

0 Likes