Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ slow and sluggish

(Topic created on: 22-05-2020 10:49 PM)
James2201
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey everyone I need some help if possible. I have an s10+, had it since September last year. I have noticed in the last few weeks it has felt really slow and sluggish. The typing is off, and delayed and sometimes the keyboard stays on the screen for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I need to do to fix this? Thanks 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CarlH
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @James2201, can you confirm the Android version you're running and how much internal storage you have available?

0 Likes
James2201
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @James2201, can you confirm the Android version you're running and how much internal storage you have available?

Sounds terrible but how do I see what Android version I am using? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

go into settings, info on device and then software info.

If you are on android 10 and never did a hard reset i would take into consideration doing one.

If you need help about how to perform it and how to backup data don't hesisate to ask.

@CarlH please take down that gif it is so disturbing:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
James2201
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Anonymous User wrote:

go into settings, info on device and then software info.

If you are on android 10 and never did a hard reset i would take into consideration doing one.

If you need help about how to perform it and how to backup data don't hesisate to ask.

Hey i have just checked and I am running android 10. How do I do a factory reset?

@CarlH please take down that gif it is so disturbing:face-with-tears-of-joy::face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

You can find how to Factory Reset your S10+ here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...@James2201 

Before doing this, I would suggest backing up your data and removing your Google and Samsung account, all the steps to do this are listed on the link provided above. However, if you need any kind of help doing this let me know. 

James2201
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I will have a look at this and see. I'm always worried about doing resets as in past I have lost everything.

Is this slow and sluggish feeling quite common on the android version 10?
0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm unaware of this, so I would suggest giving this a try to see if this get sorted. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I know that you will not likenthisnreply but for me a hard reset to see if tje sitstion improves is the only solution... which kind of data you want to backup?

If you are unsure about using smartswitch you can manually export contacts and then put evrrything on the pc manually

0 Likes
Moisty007
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, my S10 has also been sluggish for the last few weeks too. I have noticed it exiting apps to the home screen where the icons take a few seconds to appear and have to resize.

I thought it was just me or a bad app but it looks like it's a UI problem by the looks of things. ☹️

0 Likes