Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 sending hissing noise on the microphone when using headset

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 11:27 AM)
atanganel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, I recently adquired an S10, and by my surprise I have this strange problem. When I am in a call (no matter if Gsm or voip call), and I use my headset (3.5mm jack), the phone sends weird hissing noises to the other party when I'm opening /closing apps or browsing the phone. It doesn't happen when I use the speaker or a bluetooth headphone. It looks some strange frequencies produced when browsing the phone or opening apps are sent out through the analog mic line.

Any idea? Any help?

Thanks

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

May I know the headset you are using?

0 Likes
atanganel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Sure, it's an analog 3.5mm cable headset Sennheiser, quite a good one, worth some 60 euros when i bought it.

0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thank you for telling me this. I'm assuming by "hissing" noise, you mean a low static noise. Is it that the other party let you know this, or could you hear it yourself?

0 Likes
atanganel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, initially the other party told that she was hearing noises, we verified that the noise is triggered when i open/ close application in my mobile. I've double-checked this, making more tests with another two phones that  i have, and it's confirmed. It's my S10 sending this "wooshh" noise on the mic line to the other party when i open/close apps during the call. Happens with WhatsApp,  duo and gsm calls. With Bluetooth headphones and headset apparently it doesnt happen.

0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello again,

I have done my bit of research and it appears there are no other cases of this happening. I also did a test, just to be sure, using my wired headset and S10, but I can confirm that this does not happen to me. I am not really sure at what's going on in your end, but if these problems persist, consider talking to professionals at Samsung. Another option is to boot into safe mode and ask a person to call - then see if that makes any difference. If it does, from there, you can begin the process of elimination. Hope this helps, and sorry for not being of much use.

0 Likes
atanganel
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks anyway for your help!

0 Likes
Comm-name
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is happening to me on the S20 plus. So it seems it's been an ongoing problem. 

0 Likes