Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ Rsap (Remote Sim Access Profile)??

(Topic created on: 22/07/20 10:26)
p13tro
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've got the UK version of this phone, which is a Hybrid Sim, but it doesn't connect to my Audi MMI like my S9+ does (single sim version) . I need to share sim with the car via Bluetooth rsap to share 4G but nothing I try works. 

Does anyone know the reason for this? Is it the fact that the s10+ is a hybrid sim? If so I will be very annoyed and will be returning the phone. 

79 REPLIES 79
jpaudioa4
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@p13tro wrote:

John i dont think this was ever possible. Ive been using rsap on the s9plus for two years with the old and new versions of Bluetooth and can confirm this. Once you connect via rsap to an Audi and select a car phone connection you can't use the phone as you describe. I connect as car phone and let the mmi use my data for maps and normal sim functions as phone. 

Thanks for reply. I don't mean that I want to use the phone regularely when it is connected with MMI, it is acceptable. I mean I CANNOT use it when I leave car so phone is disconnected! It is blocked-bricked! I must reboot it in order to make and receive calls again.

John

0 Likes
JohnWheatley
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
The point is...with bluetooth v4. I could use the phone as described, but that was only for two weeks when I first upgraded to the 10 plus, then they changed bluetooth to version 5 & this nonsense started
0 Likes
jpaudioa4
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Compairing with windows OS, (or others) you can choose version of drivers. Is it possible to roll back to v4.0 Bluetooth or harder, back to Android 9?

0 Likes
JohnWheatley
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
As far as I'm aware...it's not possible to roll back to V.4 bluetooth
0 Likes
jpaudioa4
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

But we can roll back to Android 9 using ODIS... The question is if we will face rSAP connection problems again as they reported before major Android 10 upgrade, especialy for dual sim phones...

Do Samsung hear us all that time we complain???

0 Likes
gkiss
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have s10e single sim sm-g970f with android 9 rsap worked fine on audi mmi3g+ , after updated to android 10, rsap still good but when disconnected from BT, cannot send/receive calls had to reboot phone. Finally i downgraded back to Android9 with Odin. I hope samsung repair it soon!

0 Likes
Liop
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey guys

Well I have a good news, RSAP compelety WORKS on my S10+ (phone call and internet work after disconnected my S10+ from the car)... Don't ask me why I didn't do that much. To be honest with you I was suprised myself ...

Android Version

2020-05-23 18.21.40.jpg

MMI version

2020-05-25 16.49.24.jpg

0 Likes
AMB-SC
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

The answer for me is simple: the phone has "SIM access" depending on the processor:

Exynos -

Snapdragon -

0 Likes
Krobar
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just wanted to add some of my own positive results with a Porsche PCM 3.1:

Galaxy S20+ Single Sim Exynos with 5G Sim - OK

Galaxy S20 4G Exynos with 4G Sim - OK

Both work slightly better than my old Sony XA1 as they can transfer contact from the phone or the sim. No disconnect issues, strong  reception and text messages and other extra features all function well.

0 Likes
Members_9IXbUTk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, rSAP works for Samsung Galaxy S10 (dual sim, both sim inserted) with Porsche PCM 3.0.

0 Likes