Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 Read time aloud alarm sound poor quality

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 07:09 AM)
adekil
Student
Options

I have a brand new S10 where I restored all my data/settings from my previous phone, an S7 Edge and I noticed the Alarm function to read time aloud is very muffled and not clear at all. All other sounds on the phone work fine, its just this option. I cannot find any setting to change voice or sound for the read time aloud, so seems to be hard coded. This worked fine on my S7 Edge so have switched to using Bixby for now but this feature is not customisable so its a little annoying that you have to listen to all Bixby weather, news etc and the reading on this option is very quick and rushed.

Anyone have similar issues with the clock read time aloud, could this be a bug or just poor design in the clock app?

thank you.

0 Likes
Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Shainicole
First Poster
Options

Mine is doing that now did you fix yours? Its really annoying

0 Likes
AB_25
First Poster
Options

The change in how the time is read out was so annoying! I found a fix by following the other guys instructions to text to speech, change it to Google speech then go into the settings there and there is an option to turn off Numerical processing, which affects how times and data are read. Once you switch that off it goes back to normal. 

technocynic
Student
Options

thanks @AB_25 , that got rid of the annoying colon

0 Likes