Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S10 Read time aloud alarm sound poor quality

(Topic created on: 18-06-2019 07:09 AM)
adekil
Student
Options

I have a brand new S10 where I restored all my data/settings from my previous phone, an S7 Edge and I noticed the Alarm function to read time aloud is very muffled and not clear at all. All other sounds on the phone work fine, its just this option. I cannot find any setting to change voice or sound for the read time aloud, so seems to be hard coded. This worked fine on my S7 Edge so have switched to using Bixby for now but this feature is not customisable so its a little annoying that you have to listen to all Bixby weather, news etc and the reading on this option is very quick and rushed.

Anyone have similar issues with the clock read time aloud, could this be a bug or just poor design in the clock app?

thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Connor_G
First Poster
Options

Mine was like this also. Go to Settings on home screen then type search for 'text to speech'. You can adjust the languages, speed and pitch of the alarm voice from there. Good luck.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Abo02
First Poster
Options

Same here used to say time clear now it sounds like its muffkrdm

0 Likes
Charlie96
First Poster
Options

What did you do in the end i have the same problem 

0 Likes
kbl1000
First Poster
Options

Any resolution for this? I have an s10e with the same problem

0 Likes
Solution
Connor_G
First Poster
Options

Mine was like this also. Go to Settings on home screen then type search for 'text to speech'. You can adjust the languages, speed and pitch of the alarm voice from there. Good luck.

kbl1000
First Poster
Options
You're a genius! It worked. Thanks
0 Likes
adekil
Student
Options

I tried changing the Text-to-Speech settings for the Samsung engine but this made no difference. So instead I switched to the Google engine and this resolve my issue.  Can you confirm if this is what you did also?

0 Likes
Groupleader
First Poster
Options

Mine  SOUNDS ok, but recently it changed from reading "it's 5 oh 3 am" to "it's 5 colon oh 3 ". THIS is annoying.  How can I change it back to reading time not punctuation? (I'm sure this was changed due to a recent update. No one likes to leave well enough alone anymore.)

adekil
Student
Options

Yeah I'm getting this now, must have been a very recent update in the application as it was working fine not long ago.

0 Likes
technocynic
Student
Options

thankyou for this answer. my new phone must have been made for a different market and there was a strong accent. your answer gave me a great clue on where to change the voice. the Samsung text to speech engine didn't give me much choice but the Google one did. The time is now spoken by the rather soothing Aussie voice that i had become used to. 

0 Likes