Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 no mobile data after update

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 06:02 PM)
fletch1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

So I am away from home using roaming data on an unlocked S10. Updated my phone yesterday and now roaming data doesnt work. Tried everything the internet has to offer, data is on, roaming is on, restarted the phone about 30 times by now, flight mode, rang my service provider, reset the cache that only seemed to mess up contacts and certain apps. 

Spent hours trying to get this to work, beyond annoyed. Any help please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone @fletch1  ?

This will help to rule out the phone and sim card / account.

Do calls and texts still work OK ?

You may have in the interim use Wi-Fi or a local sim card until you get back home and then see if data works locally.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@fletch1: I'm surprised that you were able to perform an update, as I wouldn't expect the phone to be compatible with updates outside the region the device was purchased in/intended for use. Can you confirm where you purchased the S10 from, and what channel you used to update the device? What happens when you enable Mobile Data?
0 Likes
fletch1
First Poster
Options

Haven't really got another phone to try the sim card in. I only have another week away and then I will be home. I hope it works again at home. 

Pretty annoying as I travel for work and have spent hours trying to fix it. 

0 Likes
fletch1
First Poster
Options

I bought the phone in SPain, currnetly I am in Finland. Everything was working fine up until the update. When I enable mobile data it shows it is enabled, data roaming as well but it just doesnt work. 

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks, @fletch1, have you spoken with your Network regarding this? Usually Networks will monitor your usage and may limit it depending on package.
0 Likes