Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 making random Iphone notification sounds

(Topic created on: 09-05-2022 04:17 PM)
HBH786
Apprentice
Options

Hello

So i know this might sound weird but for the past month my S10 has been making Iphone notification sounds at specific times of the day. At first i thought the timings were random but it goes off at around that same times e.g. ~2am, ~7:20pm and other times. 

When I check my phone when the sound goes off there is no sign of any notification, even after checking the history.  

The notification sound is quite loud and it goes off even when i put my phone on silent and do not disturb. Its actually getting to a point that it is quite disruptive to my day.

Ive restarted the phone, updated the phone, done a clear of the cache but the problem is still there i have no idea what to do

Please i need advice

Thanks

One UI - 4.1

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@HBH786: For clarity, have you checked Settings > Notifications > Recently Sent, to see if any apps are listed that correspond with the notification sound? If you have, and if you can't see anything, please tap the Recents button in your Navigation Bar, and close all apps that are open, just in case the sound you're hearing is an in-app notification that's chiming in the background. Furthermore, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now to close any hidden background apps. If you have installed any third party apps in the last month, I recommend uninstalling them temporarily, or heading to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app(s) > Notifications > Off. 

0 Likes
HBH786
Apprentice
Options

Hi ive already tried your suggestions but im still having issues 

0 Likes
HBH786
Apprentice
Options

Hi so I'm still experiencing the problem and its getting quite disruptive to the point where i have to switch my phone off at work.

Its seem the notifications come at around the same time but everyday it moves forward by around a minute 

0 Likes
Alialabdullah521
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find  fix? I have the same problem

0 Likes
HBH786
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately I haven't. How long has it been going on for you?
0 Likes
Nyxx_
First Poster
Options
Yep my Galaxy S22 Ultra has been doing the exact same thing for the past 2 months.

Loud iPhone notification sound that happens randomly, even when the phone is on silent. Nothing in the notification history.

Only difference is that mine doesnt seem to happen at specific times, it appears to be random? I recently went a few days without it happening and it's just started up again. No idea what's causing it, a virus scan turns up nothing.

Did you find a way to fix it?
0 Likes
Ab_d
First Poster
Options

Do you have Quran app installed? If so, it is the prayer time notification that is causing it.

Mat111
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem me and two of my friends 

0 Likes
Members_8LLvITT
First Poster
Options

Yes thank you so much. It was Quran Majeed.