Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Lite

(Topic created on: 13-12-2021 10:05 PM)
Sadie08
Apprentice
Options
My S10 Lite has suddenly stopped receiving texts from anyone.

Have tried turning phone off and cleaning sim

Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Messages on Samsung phone are slow, do not send, or cannot be received

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001439/
0 Likes
Sadie08
Apprentice
Options
thanks will take a look
0 Likes
BigBadRob
Student
Options
How can I reset my s10 after it's been hacked
0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Try clearing data of Messages app (that one with 3 dots) and see if it works. If not, download Google Messages from Play Store.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sadie08: Are you still able to send texts, and make and receive calls? If the issue is only affecting certain contacts, then please open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Block Numbers and Messages > Block numbers, and remove any relevant contact numbers from here. Tap the Back button to return to the Messages settings screen > More Settings > Text Messages, and make sure that there is a number populated in the Message Centre field > Back > Delete Old Messages On. If the messages contain pictures or emojis then try enabling Mobile Data by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom > Mobile Data, to see if this helps.

0 Likes
Sadie08
Apprentice
Options
Hi yes can still send texts and make and receive calls. the issue. Just not receiving texts from anyone
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sadie08: Were you able to attempt any of the steps provided in my previous post to see if they help at all? 

0 Likes
Sadie08
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew

Yes there is a number in the Message Centre field and its thr correct number
0 Likes
Sadie08
Apprentice
Options
I can now receive text messages from people 🙂 however... I have just tried to access my PayPal account and it sends a text to make sure I am who I say I am and also to reset my nhs email password. And neither of these have come through
0 Likes