Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 lite fingerprint sensor stopped working after One UI 5 update

(Topic created on: 20-12-2022 05:17 AM)
Nityam Mittal
First Poster
Options

My phone's fingerprint sensor was fine but just after updating my mobile with UI 5, finger print sensor started acting weired.

When I tried to re-add fingerprint I got message to remove screen protector, but even after removing it. scanning is going upto 20% then getting same message everytime. 

My question is why it suddenly started to occur just after oneUI 5 update. Does any one else have same issue?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Dami
Explorer
Options
It may be best to contact Samsung or the place where you brought the phone, see if they can figure out what the problem is.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Nityam Mittal  Have you removed the previous finger  prints and then tried to reregister new ones and are you sure you the sensor is fully covered?  Some information here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/Fingerprints  Generally best to have a few fingers registered twice.

However if not scanning properly it would be best to wipe the cache partition (particularly if this has not been done lately)  and can help when there are problems with fingerprints. Temporary files are deleted but no Data is lost.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key,Bixby Key plus Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also  Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Silverspot
First Poster
Options

The exact same thing happened to me with the same update. I have S10 lite.

Fingerprint sensor started acting weird, so I removed the protective glass. Since it made the issue even worse, I assumed I had to reassign new fingerprints (without the glass) and deleted the old ones. Now the phone doesn't let me add new fingerprints because it consistently gets stuck at 20%, just like OP.

Hopefully Samsung fixes this with the next update, since January's didn't fix it

0 Likes
Frich
First Poster
Options

Exactly same here, stuck on 20% all the time!
Pls Samsung fix asap!

0 Likes
Sajid84
First Poster
Options

Did you end up getting any solution for this? I've had the same issue for a few months now too, but even after the latest OneUI 5.1 update, nothing changed. It still gets stuck at 20% everytime.

0 Likes
jacobacci
Journeyman
Options

@AntS 

@JAMES4578 

I have the same issue on my S10 lite. 

I am really wondering whether anyone from Samsung is monitoring this thread. This does NOT look like sensor defects, but like a systematic software issue.

0 Likes