Original topic:

S10 lite dual sim region lock

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 02:10 PM)
S10lite
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Dear all,

can anyone advice me regarding S10 lite dual sim region lock?

I bought this phone in Germany and I learned that making a 5 mins call from the local

sim will remove the region lock (already did that!)
1. But my question is that do I need to do the same for the next sim slot (dual sim) to unlock it?

2. Will making a 5 minute call from a local SIM card unlocks both SIM card region lock ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AsadM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @S10lite 

Hope you're doing well. You'll need to make a 5 minute call from both sim card slots in the EU to have them both regionally unlocked. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
AsadM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @S10lite 

Hope you're doing well. You'll need to make a 5 minute call from both sim card slots in the EU to have them both regionally unlocked. 

Hope this helps. 

View solution in context

S10lite
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thank you @AsadM for your info

Cheers and have a good day 

Regnarts
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hello @S10lite,
Just as @AsadM said, you will need to do it for the other slot. The slots have different IMEI and are obviously registered separately.
Enjoy your phone.....
NitinMakwana
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I bought a European S10 lite in UK and if I need to use this phone in India, Does that mean I need to make 5 minutes calls using UK sim using both sim card slots if I need to remove regional lock and use mobile for Indian sim?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@NitinMakwana: Yes, please follow the region unlock process for both SIM slots in order to unlock the device for use with networks outside the UK.