Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 LITE BATTERY DRAIN

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 12:57 PM)
Ronata28
Explorer
Options
My phone battery us running out quickly since the latest update. Someone has suggested wiping the phones system cache, but I have read that this can damage the phone.
Has anyone any advice to offer ?
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Ronata28: Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your battery. If you charge the device to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches 50%, then go to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery, can you see any apps or features that are using a higher than average amount of battery? In the meantime, please attempt the troubleshooting steps below to see if you notice an improvement.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ronata28  try @AndrewL 's advice first.   However if still issues I would suggest wiping the system cache, do not agree that is problematic even if this should not be done too often.  It deletes the temporary files and should make it more efficient for the system to access apps.   see more here and this seems to be an objective opinion.  https://www.nextgenphone.co.uk/wipe-cache-in-android/ 

Process a bit different for Android 11 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect to Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones ,Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (if phone has Bixby button still need to press that  too)
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.