Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ led view cover no longer working after update

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 07:16 AM)
Guji
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the s10+ on pre order and purchased the LED view wallet cover also at the same time. After the January update, it has stopped working. I have messaged Samsung on twitter and live chat and they gave me loads of steps to follow with the final one being to factory reset my device. They then concluded that the update has made the cover stop working but have not provided me with a solution for this problem. 

When I put the cover on I get the notification "congratulations on your new cover" and the "LED icon editor" app also appears. Literally everything on the device is the same but The LED notifications no longer appear on the cover.

Is anyone else having the same issue and found a resolution yet? I must say I'm very disappointed that I have the 1tb version and bought the most expensive Samsung cover which has stopped working as a result of their update and now not getting any help regarding my problem. 

73 REPLIES 73
asjadazeez
Student
Options

It is extremely unfortunate that samsung has stopped supporting the Smart Case sofware and control. I purchased the case for this feature and now it s not available. there is no way i can reach samsung for this directly. a clear violation of consumer rights by downgrading the features.

Biddlecombe
Apprentice
Options

I have same issue. The representative said that if I updated

"If that is the case then it either means that the case is no longer compatible with the new software or the case is now faulty.

The warranty for accessories such as the LED case is 6 months. You can refer to the purchase invoice for the warranty.
I suggest to purchase a new one once stores are open."

That is poor service. 
Guji
Apprentice
Options

I've requested the warranty information on the LED covers in particular and have never been provided with it. Samsung really know how to upset its loyal customers with their poor customer service. 

0 Likes
Biddlecombe
Apprentice
Options
Completely agree. Less than a year old software.
0 Likes
D0m7n04
Journeyman
Options

I had the problem too. I wanted to update my case but it always said: "Update not finished"

I finally  found a solution (at least for me): I removed the case during the update and then placed it back in. After that the LEDs worked again! (I removed it at 30-50% if it's important...)

Hopefully I could help!

Biddlecombe
Apprentice
Options

How did you manage to redo the update. I just get item up to date. 

0 Likes
D0m7n04
Journeyman
Options

When I removed the cover and put it back in, I got a notification that I have an update for the cover.

0 Likes
Biddlecombe
Apprentice
Options
Do you mind if I ask what version. Mine says fully up to date at 005/000/000?
0 Likes
D0m7n04
Journeyman
Options

Mine is at version: 005/00D/000 and it says that there is an update.

0 Likes
D0m7n04
Journeyman
Options
I tried to do the update, then I had the issue again. I restarted the update, removed the cover, put it back in and it worked again.
0 Likes