Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s10 just died from 40 straight to 0

(Topic created on: 09/03/21 21:57)
Nikita69420
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
The battery went from 40 to 0 in a matter of 3 seconds and I only get 2/3 hours sot, thanks samsung quality 😑

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Here are some tips from me:

• Keep Dark Mode on at all times if you don't mind.

• Go to Settings, then Connections, go to More Connection Settings and turn Nearby Device Scanning off (it wastes a lot of battery).

• Uninstall any unused apps, it will save memory and reduce the background battery drain.

• Use a darker wallpaper if possible.

• Turn off NFC, Wifi, Bluetooth and etc when you aren't using them as it will save lots of battery.

Extra Tip: Charge your phone to 99% and turn your phone completely off in the night. I do this every night and when I turn my phone on in the morning, it is still at 99% battery.

Please let me know if you see better battery life on your phone after you use these tips. Hope this helped!
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Also try limiting the amount of times that you let your battery get to 50% and look at getting a battery replacement.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Bruh, his battery dropped from 40% to 0 in one go, this wasn't because he didn't use dark mode 😂
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Have you tried completly draining and then recharging the battery up to full, give the kernel a little kick to recalibrate
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
look at my other comment, these are just some general tips from me 😂
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

lmao, this conversation is hilarious XD

Here is what you need to do: get the battery till around 20 per cent, then type in the dialer *#0228# at that point a screen with quick start written on it should pop up. Connect the phone to the charger and ONLY then press quick start.

Leave the device plugged till it has fully charged and do not use it, my advice is to put it into plane mode before doing this and to go back to it after 2 or 3 hours in order to turn the screen on only when it is at 100 per cent.

Once it reaches 100 per cent unplug it and exit from that screen (do not press quick start).

This procedure will calibrate the phone battery (it is a system tool to find back again how much charge can the phone hold) and by doing so you should not experience sudden discharges.

However note that if the phone keeps doing that you will need to have your battery replaced.

Also a quick tip I can give you is not to let the phone discharge fully and not let it go below 20 per cent, but charge it before. Running the battery to low charge levels (or even full charge/above 80 per cent) increases the reactions at the cathod and anode and reduces the life cycles of the battery.

Let us know if what I suggested solved the issue

Archer
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

tecnically charging the phone to 99 per cent does nothing compared to 100 per cent, since even when the phone shows 100 per cent in reality it is not fully charging the battery to protect it.

Also note that i you want to increase the lifespan of the battery due to the curve voltage-current of Ion batteries the most degradation of the batterie happen between 100 and 80 and between 20 and 0 per cent, so the optimal range to run your battery is between 80 and 20 (the ideal would be 60 and 30, but 80 and 20 is what has the most battery to use to lifespan improvement value)

Archer
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

What if I told you you always did it wrong? :winking-face:

Look at my message above, I gave a quick explanation regarding the ideal levels to run your battery at :winking-face:

Archer
vijaynair
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Just take it to the Samsung shop and they will check it and if its phone fault they would rectify it
0 Likes