Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Internal Memory "Other" Full

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 10:45 PM)
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

I've been trying to solve this for weeks. Under 'my files' 127GB of 128GB is full. 90GB of this is being used by "other" that I can't access. I've searched online for answers, I've cleared the cache partition, disabled Trash and deleted everything from my phone I can aside from the obvious. Videos, Documents, Installation files, compressed files, trash are all at 0GB. Images 275MB, Audio 5MB, less than 40GB between System & Apps and that's it. All the used storage is in "other". I can't download any programs to help because there's no room. I can't update "My Files" because there's no room. I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions? 

20 REPLIES 20
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

Seems I don't have a choice. Thank you for taking your time to try and help. Do you have any idea how this happened and how to prevent it happening again after the reset?

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Hook up to a pc, and access the MY FILES folder that way. If you see what's taking up storage, and no longer need it, delete the detritus whilst paired to the computer.
0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Well try not to install games that require additional files to download. Those download in "other files" and stay there. If your phone disconnected from network and they start to download that additional file again, you will have the old one and the new one. System updates etc,
Just back-up your data and perform a full factory reset. You don't need to remove simcard. Just do a backup on cloud or on a pc
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's a lot of good stuff in @godtrunks post. Also social media apps are another storage hog.
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, trying to be helpful
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Don't sideload apps from outside the Samsung or Google app stores. If you watch catchup TV services, delete any film or program downloads after watching them. Same goes for films and TV from Google Play
0 Likes
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

I did a factory reset. I updated samsung my files then checked "other" storage usage and already had 256MB taken. The phone is working now at least and that's what I needed. Thank you to everyone who tried to help. I appreciate it!

Members_t3hE2KP
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problems. Why there's nobody from Samsung helping here?

Screenshot_20220423-215154_My Files.jpg

Patrik2022
Apprentice
Options

Likewise...Same problem here as well. And I called Samsung tech support to try to get a resolution. The tech was going to remote into my phone to try to fix the problem, but of course the app he was trying to get me to login to to give permission & connect, kept given me an error message that the app has a bug and couldn't continue, please retry. And of course it never worked, so he gave me instructions over the phone on how to go into my phone to clear cache partitions. Which I did and of course that didn't work either.

So I took screenshots, same as the ones in the posts here and texted them to him so he could see exactly what I was seeing. And understand my delimea and FRUSTRATION and growing impatience I was getting for having to go through this and as always Samsung ignores the problems and you spend hours, days, weeks trying to fix there problems with your phone and even when you do speak to someone in tech support, they are just as clueless as we are, and all you do is waste more time doing trial & error stuff, til you just get to the last result and say F**k'it...I'll just Factory RESET the b** and be done with it...

SO YEAH...never got a resolution from Samsung, and just had to backup my phone the best I could and do a dreaded factory reset...😤😱😭

0 Likes
tobys10
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem here. Have been deleting images/videos/apps etc. for weeks trying to free up space. I run my own business and a lot of this is done via my phone. Frustrating beyond belief. A shame Samsung has no apparent response to this?? I am not entirely comfortable doing a factory reset but it seems the only *potential* resolution? My upgrade is now due and am questioning getting another Samsung? Have had 3 on the trot, migrated from apple 6ish years ago.. Android is far superior but is Samsung top of their game? Thoughts..?!

0 Likes