Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Internal Memory "Other" Full

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 09:33 PM)
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

I've been trying to solve this for weeks. Under 'my files' 127GB of 128GB is full. 90GB of this is being used by "other" that I can't access. I've searched online for answers, I've cleared the cache partition, disabled Trash and deleted everything from my phone I can aside from the obvious. Videos, Documents, Installation files, compressed files, trash are all at 0GB. Images 275MB, Audio 5MB, less than 40GB between System & Apps and that's it. All the used storage is in "other". I can't download any programs to help because there's no room. I can't update "My Files" because there's no room. I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions? 

20 REPLIES 20
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
In my files settings you have recycle bin option. Try clearing that out. If not, activate show hidden sistem file and check there for any files that are not being used. Hope that will help, if not, leave a reply and we can try different options

Screenshot_20210413-204253_My Files~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-204300_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-204306_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, I did both of those things and it's not showing anything. Trash has been empty for days. I don't have recycle bin option, it's called Trash on my phone. Under analyze storage I changed large file size to 1MB in the hopes it would reveal a hidden program, app or file that was using all the memory but it didn't reveal anything. I also don't have any drives, Google, Samsung & OneDrive are always "not signed in". 

Under those categories like Images, videos, compressed, favorites, documents, etc they all say "no videos, no downloaded files, no installation files" and only 1 ringtone under audio, nothing else. I don't use social media and I don't download things on my phone like movies or games. I'm at a loss.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Ok, the we can try something else:
Install this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander.
Once istalled go to internal storage
Long press on android folder, proprieties. What size is the folder?
0 Likes
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I tried everything in that thread this morning. It was one of the first that came up in a Google search. Nothing worked. Thanks for trying to help! Appreciated.

Edit to add: the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset, which I'm trying to avoid but it looks like there may be no other option. Is a factory reset guaranteed to work?

0 Likes
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

I can't download anything because there isn't enough memory. 

0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Well that other storage is app update failed updates and many other temporary files that the phone creates during time. The way to clear that will be to go with a factory reset on the phone. Back-up all your important data and perform a full factory reset
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, it will be like when you first got it.
0 Likes
Halanna
Journeyman
Options

Is there anything special to a factory reset? Remove the SIM card or anything? Since I don't know how this happened, do you have any thoughts how to prevent it from happening after the reset?

0 Likes