Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 idle battery drain

(Topic created on: 09/12/20 22:22)
Edgie70
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ok folks , I put my S10 on charge every night and I turn off WiFi , mobile data , Bluetooth and the always on display but the phone stays on , after it reaches 100% I take it off charge around 2am , by the morning it will have discharged by about 8% !! Is that about right considering there's nothing turned on ?? What are anyone elses discharge rates ? Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
What do your battery stats show?
0 Likes
Edgie70
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'll check in the morning , tbh I don't device care provides much info

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
If you tap the usage graph you should see what's consuming your battery overnight.
0 Likes
Rob1985
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
its definetly not right I do the same and my phone looses about 2-3% through the nyt
0 Likes
Edgie70
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Well I've disabled background data in all apps and it looses about 1% per hour on standby , better than it was but still not right 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Edgie70: That doesn't sound too alarming, however did you notice any apps listed in Settings > Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage that are using an above average amount of battery? In the meantime, although I appreciate that you have already attempted some of these steps, please check below to find suggestions on how to improve your overall battery life.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Enable Power Saving Mode: Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode > Select Medium or Maximum Power Saving, or Adaptive Power Saving
- Reduce your screen brightness.
- Change the screen refresh rate form 120hz to 60hz

0 Likes
Edgie70
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi , I installed accubattery and it didn't show anything alarming and phone goes to deep sleep for just over 7 hours , interesting that it showed my battery as 3400ma but was actual 2800ma ! Is it that worn after 20 months !! I did a test and browse Facebook with white mode and I got 3min 49 seconds before it dropped 1% on dark mode I got 5 minutes before it dropped 1% !! I'll keep on dark mode but tbh a phone like this with a 3400ma battery is not great , should've been 3900ma minimum I think , cheers 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Update , put phone on charge last night before bed but this time I turned the phone off , took it off charge about 3.30am and when I turned on the phone  this morning about 9.45am it was on 100% !!! So I think it's this awful Samsung Exynos chip problem with signal !!! Phones been on about 30 minutes and I'm typing this out and it's now on 97% !!! 

0 Likes