Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 - google apps not updating and installing

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 01:36 PM)
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

For the last week or so I have been having issues where apps are not updating or installing via Google Play Store.  The update\install downloads to anything from 35-100% and just stall.  I had 42 apps requiring update.

 

Apps are fine updated\installed via Samsung Store.

 

I have done all the troubleshooting suggested by both Samsung and Google.   Nothing worked.

 

In the end I did a factory reset.  After doing a restore of a backup all apps reinstalled and all updated correctly.  However some apps were missing and I'm still having issues when I try to install.  Again it will get to anything from 35-100% downloaded and then just stop.  Occasionally an app will eventually install a few hours later.

 

Anyone else seen this recently?

 

 

40 REPLIES 40
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi!

 

@blenky 

 

Hope you haven't got some massive apps there, please have a glimpse of how the apps are doing.

 

Please go to Google Play Store > menu > My apps & games > check if your apps are lined up there waiting for updates/install

 

Your Google Play Store is possibly crying for updating 42 apps, one update at a time on queue. 

 

Need to have a strong WiFi connection if needed, please. 

 

Restart the phone if needed to refresh the system.

 

Thanks ☺


 (\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@strawberry cake wrote:

Hi!

 

@blenky 

 

Hope you haven't got some massive apps there, please have a glimpse of how the apps are doing.

 

Please go to Google Play Store > menu > My apps & games > check if your apps are lined up there waiting for updates/install

 

Your Google Play Store is possibly crying for updating 42 apps, one update at a time on queue. 

 

Need to have a strong WiFi connection if needed, please. 

 

Restart the phone if needed to refresh the system.

 

Thanks ☺


As I mentioned I have done ALL the troubleshooting steps - ended up doing a factory reset.  There was only 42 as the number increased day by day.  Started at a few but grew as none were being updated.

 

Wifi is very good.

 

I only have standard apps and none are large.  At the moment I'm trying to install google home so I can control my google mini.  It downloads to exactly 74% every time and just halts there until I cancel.

 

Any more ideas?

 

Thanks

Any other suggestions?

Jose1407
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same problem with S10+. I had also this problem with S7 Edge.

Resetting the phone solves the problem for a few weeks.

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@blenky wrote:

For the last week or so I have been having issues where apps are not updating or installing via Google Play Store.  The update\install downloads to anything from 35-100% and just stall.  I had 42 apps requiring update.

 

Apps are fine updated\installed via Samsung Store.

 

I have done all the troubleshooting suggested by both Samsung and Google.   Nothing worked.

 

In the end I did a factory reset.  After doing a restore of a backup all apps reinstalled and all updated correctly.  However some apps were missing and I'm still having issues when I try to install.  Again it will get to anything from 35-100% downloaded and then just stop.  Occasionally an app will eventually install a few hours later.

 

Anyone else seen this recently?

 

 


Clear cache and data in google play services 

restart and try again.

then try remove google account and add again.

only if needed factory reset.

no other options. 

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@blenky wrote:

For the last week or so I have been having issues where apps are not updating or installing via Google Play Store.  The update\install downloads to anything from 35-100% and just stall.  I had 42 apps requiring update.

 

Apps are fine updated\installed via Samsung Store.

 

I have done all the troubleshooting suggested by both Samsung and Google.   Nothing worked.

 

In the end I did a factory reset.  After doing a restore of a backup all apps reinstalled and all updated correctly.  However some apps were missing and I'm still having issues when I try to install.  Again it will get to anything from 35-100% downloaded and then just stop.  Occasionally an app will eventually install a few hours later.

 

Anyone else seen this recently?

 

 


Clear cache and data in google play services 

restart and try again.

then try remove google account and add again.

only if needed factory reset.

no other options. 


Did all that to no avail.   However it just stated working again. My son with an S9 has had the same issue. Odd.

0 Likes
Yunk69
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes I am having the same problem with one app Google web view has been updating for 5 days now. I didn't want to do a factory reset but reading this review it looks as if I have to do it.
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Yunk69 wrote:
Yes I am having the same problem with one app Google web view has been updating for 5 days now. I didn't want to do a factory reset but reading this review it looks as if I have to do it.

I did a factory reset which was a real pain. It made NO difference. The problem just went away eventually 

0 Likes
Fredrik76
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Same problem here!
Apps is not installed untill hours later. (if lucky).
Tried clearing cache for Google Play and a few others. Restarting does not help!
Samsung, please fix this!
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Fredrik76 wrote:
Same problem here!
Apps is not installed untill hours later. (if lucky).
Tried clearing cache for Google Play and a few others. Restarting does not help!
Samsung, please fix this!

I tried both Samsung and Google without any luck.  The issue just went away - hopefully it will for you!

0 Likes