Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Gallery, trouble moving photos

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 04:58 AM)
Anna999
First Poster
Options

I try again since I cant find my first post. I have a big problem with the gallery on my samsung s10, think I'm going crazy🤯

All the photos is in the main folder named pictures. I have created a lot of albums so I can sort and organize the thousands of photos. But now starts the problems, when I hold down the photo and choose move to album it will move, BUT a copy is still in my main folder..That means its hopeless to organize in a good way, because I want to move all photos to new albums so they got out of the way. 

If its help anyone to understand the issue, this happends when I copy... When I choose copy to album it moves to the album i want, BUT now it will be 2 copies of the same pic in the main folder + one in the new album..

I dont understand a ***** of this *****🥴 hope anyone have a solution! 🙏

#Gallery #photos #pictures #s10 #movepictures # movephotos #troubleshooting    

2 REPLIES 2
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Anna999, Hello, first, restart your phone and check that you don't have any pending updates. Second - if the problem persists - I would make a copy of the contents of the Gallery and proceed to Uninstall updates to the Gallery app. Go to Settings /Applications and look for the Gallery App. In the options you will see three dots up-right, Uninstall updates. Once uninstalled, restart the phone and update manually  Gallery app. 

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

CreateChange
Student
Options

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem and nothing I do will delete the pics in my all pictures folder and when I delete a photo from that folder it deletes the photo in the designated folder. HELP!!! I now have duplicates of 12000 photos taking up space. How the **** do I resolve this issue as the resets, deleting cache and deleting the updates don't work either. There's got to be an easier solution to this basic problem. Does anyone know why the "move to album" doesn't simply move the photo???